We know a thing or two about beer so here are 5 AWESOME facts about our favorite beverage:
1. As the story goes, Pabst Brewery produced the first six-pack of beer in the 1940s. They conducted a misogynistic case study and determined that six cans were the maximum number of beers a housewife could comfortably carry home to her husband.
2. In Ancient Babylon, it was the father-in-law’s duty to provide mead (a type of honey beer) for his new son-in-law for a month following the wedding, coining the term “Honeymoon.”
3. The word “Bridal” comes from a traditional English custom where a bride would give beer/ale to her wedding guests. In exchange, the guests would give money to the newly weds as a gift The beer was called “Bride Ale” hence the word “Bridal” we use today.
4. Ancient Babylonians were so dedicated to the craft of brewing that if someone brewed a bad batch, they would drown him in it as a punishment.
5. Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass. We suffer from Cenosillicaphobia on the regular.