I’ve been hearing a lot about this frozé character lately and it’s exactly what I had hoped it would be. Yooou guuuuys…it’s frozen rosé! The 7/11 slushy from your childhood just got an upgrade of epic proportions.
Frosé has quickly become the “it” drink of summer 2016. But how could it not? It’s summer in a glass and it’s the most delicious (and adorable) thing I’ve drank in a while – and I drink a lot! I’m not sure who is responsible for this stroke of genius but I’m on board. It’s light, it’s fruity, and it’s pink – it’s almost unfair how cool it is. Jealousy aside, it’s the perfect summer concoction and you need to add it to your weekend game plan ASAP. You can thank us later.
How to Frosé:
1 750 ml bottle hearty, bold rosé (such as a Pinot Noir or Merlot rosé)
½ cup sugar
8 ounces strawberries, hulled, quartered
2½ ounces fresh lemon juice
1. Pour rosé into a 13×9″ pan and freeze until almost solid (it won’t get rock solid due to the alcohol).
2. Bring sugar and ½ cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
3. Add strawberries, remove from heat, and let sit 15 minutes to infuse syrup with strawberry flavor.
4. Strain syrup through a into a small bowl to remove strawberries; cover and chill until cold, about 15 minutes.
5. Scrape rosé into a blender. Add lemon juice, 3½ ounces strawberry syrup, and 1 cup crushed ice and purée until smooth. Transfer blender jar to freezer and freeze until frosé is thickened, 25–35 minutes.
6. Blend again until frosé is slushy. Divide among glasses. Enjoy happiness in a glass.